Guidelines and Policies
If there's one thing we truly love, it's sharing in all the great foodie moments you have. Bouquets when the food exceeds your expectations, brickbats when the service is shocking, chronicles of your food excursions – they all count.
While we welcome your opinions and descriptions of your dining experiences, there are a few things we expect from every user on Fatoore. Your reviews and photos, as well as your profile and the comments you share, are all subject to Content Guidelines, our Foodie Code of Conduct.
If your activity on Fatoore doesn't match up to these content guidelines, we reserve the right to take action as we deem necessary. This could include altering or deleting your reviews or comments, restricting your review activity or deleting your Fatoore account altogether, with or without notice. Fatoore also utilizes an algorithm to aid in removing suspicious reviews.
If you see content that does not align with these guidelines or our Terms of Service, please let us know. We will consider all reports. However, due to the diversity of our community, it is possible that content disagreeable to you might not meet the criteria to be removed.
Foodie Code of Conduct
Keep out the clutter
To make sure we collectively work towards building the highest-quality content that's useful to everyone, reviews need to be a minimum of 140 characters long for dine-in reviews. That's just about the length of a tweet, so it's convenient even for all you micro-bloggers. If you cover the food, service and ambiance, you shouldn't fall short on characters. We do not have a 140 characters limit for an online order review. However, if any review is filled with junk, we might have to remove the review altogether.
Keep it relevant
Please keep your contributions relevant to Fatoore. Accounts placing irrelevant, inappropriate or promotional content, reviews with server names, reviews with similar digital signatures that spam restaurants or are based on any already disclaimed or informed policies and practices of a restaurant may be deleted without notice. If your review has been removed or moderated by us and if you repost another experience for the same restaurant, we reserve the right to remove that review too, even though such review might be in line with our content guidelines. In the case of spam, we can restrict your review activity on Fatoore.
Keep it clean
Whether you're writing a small snippet or a delightfully detailed account of your meal, keep foul/abusive/hateful language, threats, and lewdness out of it. We, just like you, hate junk and will delete it whenever we see it. This also includes (but is not limited to) derogatory comments on someone's protected characteristics (e.g. race, gender, religion) or indication of a personal vendetta against a business and its associates.
Keep it fresh
Only one review per restaurant for a dine out experience and one review for each online order transaction can be submitted and your most recent experience at a place counts. That's what is going to help people when they're trying to decide whether or not to eat there. You're free to edit and update your review based on subsequent visits at any time. Reviews about old experiences (more than 6 months old) will also be deleted from our platform.
Keep it real
Write your review based on facts and your own experiences (e.g. not a friend's or any hearsay experience or based on media reports). Please don't exaggerate or falsify your experience. We do not take sides in cases of dispute, so make sure you can stand by your word. Content that indicates the reviewer hasn't even visited or availed any services from the restaurant will be removed. For example, "Never been here, never want to. Management is horrible and the food is worse!" Deceptive, fake, or misleading reviews will be removed. Reviewing a bunch of fast-food outlets in quick succession (even if you eat at them more often than you should) is considered suspicious activity, and it's likely these reviews will be moderated. Accepting or soliciting a kickback – monetary or otherwise – in exchange for reviews or photographs is also not acceptable, and could result in removal of your profile.
Identifying or promoting yourself as an official Fatoore blogger, or using your status to solicit any kind of benefits (including but not limited to accepting money, free meals, drinks) in exchange for reviews, or at the threat of negative reviews on Fatoore, will not be tolerated. If reports or evidence of such instances are brought to our attention, we reserve the right to delete your Fatoore profile or take any other action that we may deem fit, no questions asked. Acts that constitute as 'Solicitation' include:
• Explicit/Implied agreement (written or verbal) to write reviews in exchange for money, a free meal(s), drinks, etc.
• Being a part of social media groups (e.g. WhatsApp/Facebook or any other social media platform) which offer incentives in exchange of reviews.
Plagiarism is something we take seriously. Copying others' reviews or photos from Fatoore or other platforms, or even reposting your own in multiple places on Fatoore (in full or in part), is something that will not be tolerated and may be removed/ moderated. We trust that you'll play fair and create your own content.
Tell the whole story
If you luck into a free meal or dine as a guest of the restaurant, or have a relevant association with a restaurant or its owners, give full disclosure in your review. We're sure that honesty is the best policy, and other users will respect you even more for it. If you have made it to the major league as a food writer or critic, let us know and we can provide special access for your blog link to appear with your reviews. We love summaries, but incomplete reviews with a manually added link will be removed.
Your profile is your identity on Fatoore, so keep it real. You're welcome to use a screen name (foodonym, maybe?), but please refrain from using inappropriate names, bios, or profile images. We want to stay clean, and we might end up removing your account depending on how inappropriate your profile is.
Identifying or promoting yourself as an official Fatoore blogger, or using your status to solicit benefits in exchange for reviews on Fatoore will not be tolerated. If reports or evidence of such instances are brought to our attention, we reserve the right to delete your Fatoore profile, no questions asked.
If you are a part of Fatoore’s influencer program, we will restrict your review activity for the restaurants that you are partnering with, for the program. While we do love your work, letting you review those restaurants will not fit well with the Neutrality guidelines.
If reports or evidence of threat, misrepresentation or such instances are brought to our attention, we reserve the right to delete your Fatoore profile or take any other action that we may deem fit, no questions asked.
Don’t be a bully
We take allegations of blackmail or threatening behaviour against restaurants and its associates very seriously. This activity is strictly against our guidelines and may also be illegal in many locations. Reviews submitted in an attempt to blackmail a restaurant and its associates will be deleted.
Play by the rules
The content you add should be in compliance with Fatoore's Terms and Conditions, including terms and conditions of any of Fatoore products such as Fatoore Pro, Online Ordering, or Zopay, as well as the prevailing local laws and regulations. Local laws take precedence, and content may be moderated or deleted to adhere to these.
There's no easier way to show how deliciously chocolate-y that chocolate mud cake was than with a picture, right? That said, it's important to keep in mind our photo guidelines, and understand why some photos may be moved or removed once they've been added.
Food shots that are clear, in focus, and delicious enough to make the viewer wish Fatoore included smell-o-vision will be featured in restaurants' photo galleries. Ambiance shots that highlight the overall feel or vibe of a place will also be highlighted on restaurant pages.
Photos that don't make the cut to appear on a restaurant's page, will show with your review or on your profile depending on how useful it is to other users and how relevant it is to the review. Photos with hair and bugs will be shown only with a review for validation and context.
Violation of the below mentioned pointers may lead to deduction of foodie points, reduced visibility or deletion of your pictures
• Photos that are exact duplicates of other photos, multiple clicks of the same dish or ambiance or taken from a different angles
• Plagiarized photos
• Photos of others posted without their permission
• Photos that contain promotional content
• Photos that contain subject such as people in it
• Photos that are blurry or unclear
• Photos that contain text, or are not related to dine-in experience
• Photos of half-eaten food items
• Photos of packed food items/packaging
• Photos of food under preparation
• Photos containing watermarks or write-ups of any kind
• Photos containing and focussing on subjects other than food or restaurant ambiance
• Unpleasant photos that ruin people's appetites
Guidelines for Restaurants
Fatoore is a great way for restaurants to reach out to a vast foodie community. A few things you should keep in mind:
• Keep your listing updated: While our team makes every effort to keep information on Fatoore up-to-date, we appreciate you letting us know when an update is required. If your timings change and your listing is not updated, customers arriving late won't be too happy with you (or Fatoore).
• Don't solicit reviews: The best way to get reviews is to delight customers with your food and service. Selective solicitation is a strict NO, and offering any type of compensation or kick-back for reviews is unfair, so you definitely want to keep away from that, too.
o Don’t ever offer freebies, discounts, or payment in exchange for reviews
o Don't offer incentives for users to remove reviews
o Don’t ask your staff to compete with each other to collect reviews
o Don’t work with companies or third-party vendors/PR agencies offering to 'fix your reviews/ratings'
o While conducting foodie meetups is allowed, reviews which come in lieu of these official gatherings must carry a clear disclaimer which will help the others identify that the review is based on an invite. That being said, an invite certainly does not mean that the user needs to post a positive review
o The businesses that do best on Fatoore are the ones that provide a great customer experience to everyone who walks in the door without any expectation or encouragement that they write a positive review
o If we do come across any evidence (direct/indirect) of you indulging in solicitation, we will activate a disclaimer on your restaurant's page, informing the Fatoore community that your reviews are suspicious.
• Respond to criticism positively: Take two deep breaths when you get a negative review. Three, if required. This happens to all restaurants who have customers. These customers are always right, even when they are wrong. Take the unflattering reviews as constructive feedback and use it as an opportunity to fix things. Whether you agree with the feedback or not, take the criticism in good stride. You can reply with a management response to show you care, but please don't use this as a platform to hit back or offer the customer an incentive to edit their review. Your response can't be edited after posting, so choose your words well.
• Be accountable: Fatoore will not moderate any questionable activities about your restaurant posted in reviews. (e.g. serving shisha where it is not permitted, serving alcohol to minors, or staying open later than permitted). Fatoore may also not moderate or delete any reviews where any third party service provider is involved. Such a review may be retained if it falls within our guidelines. This business requires thick skin – stating the perceived attitude of owners or employees and reporting of individual actions are not considered personal attacks.
• Don't entertain: Fulfilling the demands of customers who ask for benefits at the threat of bad reviews or ratings, sends a message that this behavior is tolerated. Similarly, inviting users who have reviewed and given a low rating back to the restaurant for a complimentary meal, invites false negative reviews. These issues affect the entire community and require everyone's participation to curb their prevalence. Please report users who engage in such activities to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• In a concerted effort to maintain the neutrality of content on Fatoore, restaurant owners, employees, and any affiliates with business interests are no longer permitted to write reviews on Fatoore. We understand that being in the restaurant industry, you are truly passionate about food, and would love to share your experiences. But when you're unavoidably invested in your business, it becomes hard to leave emotions (and bias) at the door. This is a step towards maintaining neutrality - and quality - of the content on Fatoore.
It's also important to note that we (Fatoore) have no employees or affiliates who are paid to review. If any guest identifies themselves as an official blogger, review employee, or associate of Fatoore, it's not true. Employees of Fatoore are contractually and ethically forbidden from using their status to solicit free meals or receive special treatment. If you observe any such practice, report it to email@example.com. Appropriate action will be taken against the user or employee if evidence can be provided.
Fatoore Employee Code of Ethics
Employees of Fatoore are expected to adhere to and uphold the highest standard of ethics and integrity. This includes acting in accordance with our core values and the below listed policies at all times.
Fatoore employees are prohibited from using their employee status to solicit discounts, freebies, or special treatment at restaurants. Unless visiting a restaurant for official business, Fatoore employees are to refrain from identifying themselves as employees of Fatoore.
All Fatoore employees in client facing roles including but not limited to Sales, Sales Support, Neutrality, Media Content and Client Servicing across all transaction/ business/function at Fatoore are prohibited from writing reviews and/or giving ratings for dine out experiences on Fatoore from either their personal or Fatoore accounts. They are also not permitted to influence others to write biased reviews or give ratings.
Fatoore's review and photo moderators are required to always act in favor of keeping Fatoore a neutral platform. They are required to use their best judgement in implementing moderation guidelines and are prohibited from giving preferential treatment to restaurants. Deleting any authentic review from a restaurant page is in violation of our policies. Similarly, keeping reviews, which are proven to be unauthentic, is in violation of our policies.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you witness any behaviour not in compliance with this code as it is in direct violation of employee contracts.